Kindly bear in mind that you need to briefly mention your key details. Resume is required only to understand your basics and this is a medium to reach interview panel. Hence, information not of use at this stage such as Father’s name, passport number, Marital status, Names of children and details on each day spent in your life. All this is considered garbage by the HR Manger who has a few seconds to a minute to take a decision on inviting you for a personal meeting.
You may like to keep following tips to prepare a short and appealing resume.
1. Keep it short, not extending beyond 2 pages in any case.
2. Begin with concise information on you. Example Follows:
E.g Sunil Sharma, 29, Karnal, BSc. Agriculture, 5 Yrs Experience in sales of Agri-inputs, currently Senior Sales Officer with ABC.
Summary of Skills Sets
1. Something on personal qualities
2. Learning from Work Experience
3. Brief of exposure, sales promotion, direct selling etc.
1. Begin with current organization name (period MMYY to Continuing)
Mention Job responsibilities
2. Repeat for Organisation 2, 3 etc (period MMYY to MMYY)
Projects Undertaken during graduation/PG
For candidates with less than 3 years work experience)
1. Begin with last one
2. Name of University, course, MMYY-MMYY
3. Start with next one
4. Ignore 10+2 and 10th Results unless extraordinary, such as position in state/board etc.
Extra Curricular Activities
Mention two to three major activities and ignore this if there is nothing major.
Mention as applicable
Date of Birth
Mention Address, mobile and permanent landline number